Wednesday, August 31, 2011

vintage

I'm rekindling an old flame: my love for vintage - those hidden gems dug up deep from beneath the long departed pieces of someone else's life. Clothing, jewelry, handbags, furniture. I used to only shop vintage in my wiser youth. It was the sweetest pastime. I used to search through thrift stores for treasures that no one else had. It was divine. Every month when a new magazine would arrive in the mail, I would study each page then immediately go to a second-hand store and find things that mimicked what I saw on the pages. But with the years came more money and more malls and modern stores. I want to go back to the days when a limited budget forced my hand to be innovative and creative. You just never know where those treasures will lead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home