Tuesday, August 09, 2011

basics

This is the thing. I've finally reached that point in my maturity where I only want what really matters. Not those frivolous markers of status that end up meaning nothing. I'm not at all suggesting I don't like nice things or that I don't care if I'm respected for my endeavors. I'm simply saying that I don't care if those things never show up in my life. I finally understand that in order to have an extraordinary life I don't need to live in an extraordinary place or have an extraordinary job or extraordinary resources. I just need the basics. Never has Seek First the Kingdom meant more to me than the days that I've just left behind me. I'm so renewed, so refreshed. And ironically, I'm more ready for that extradordinary life that I don't really care about anymore.

Funny how that works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home