Thursday, June 17, 2010

my posture

In the not too distant past I couldn't wait to leave Washington. I had grown tired of the same square buildings, the same metro ride, the same emphasis on intellect over emotion. I blamed the District for my creative starvation and subsequent malnutrition. But she is what she is. It's not her problem, it's mine. She lives too deep in the past for my taste and moves at too slow of a pace. I suppose I'm a bigger advocate of the future and I enjoy progress and forward movement. So what used to be my problem with Washington has become an issue with me. I've grown as large as this atmosphere has allowed, but it's no longer with angst that I wind this part of my history down. I'm at complete rest. I'm so ready for a new level, a new perspective, a new environment.

My posture is still People. Cities. Nations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home