Friday, August 13, 2010

determined

All I know is that I'm so determined. I'm so determined to conquer my demons, to stand when I want to hide, to be bold when I want to remain silent. I don't need self-protection; I'm more than a conqueror. I know what I'm talking about. I'm a professional. The faces that stare blankly at me can stay in denial. I don't need approval. This isn't for them or anyone else. This is for me and the future I treasure. I'm determined to protect it, more than myself. More than my pride and dignity and respectability. I have a future calling that begins now. I have made a decision to remain vigilant in all that I do. To stake my claim even in areas that I don't fit in. I still have something to offer. I still have something to gain. I'm moving forward. The rearview mirror is much smaller than the windshield for a reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger lor said...

Wooo! Felt the fire from that one! You tell 'em! So proud of you.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home