Thursday, July 29, 2010

signs

I found it fascinating to pay attention to the signs along the way home last weekend. It was quite telling that there was no mention of a distant city if that city wasn't within several hundred miles from a particular point. I then thought of how God does the same thing in my life. He makes no mention of a certain place, job, income level, title or status if that thing isn't within a few hundred miles. I do not doubt they are ahead, just as I do not doubt that Chicago is three hours beyond Fort Wayne, despite the fact that the number of miles to Chicago isn't predominately posted in Pennsylvania. I still know Chicago is there and will be there if I decided to go. I'm so secure in the thought that everything I'm asking for and believing for is out there, waiting just for me, even if I see no evidence. He has every right to shelter me from the overwhelming number of miles that stand in the way of arriving where I really want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home