Thursday, August 12, 2010

against the law

I came into this situation knowing that it would be short-term, so in typcial Angela fashion I never fully unpacked emotionally into this position. I hoped I could bypass the time and escape from Washington unscathed. But I've gradually learned things I cannot go on without. So many things that I don't know about them all yet. Details mostly. Where I prefer the larger picture, I've absolutely needed exposure to the necessity of details. And who are the most detailed people of all? Lawyers! I'm dizzy just thinking about all their demands and attention to things I didn't know were even important! I have to constantly coach myself with the thought that yes, these minute facts are necessary to go over again and again. It's good for me. It's been very good for me. Thank you, Lord, for discipline and attention to detail. But how excited am I for creativity and ideas and big picture dreaming! I would give anything to see a few of my colleagues put in situations that rub them the completely wrong way, that require dreaming and faith. But I'm thankful for them. Little do they know their part in my preparation for the big league. I'll be sure to send back a detailed report about where life leads me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home