Monday, April 05, 2010

food for the soul

Do you have a friend that just feeds your very life with the richness of words and the strenth of an army? Who isn't afraid to reach down into the deepest parts of your world and draw elements out that have been laying dormant for years? Who gives you the permission to invade your dreams without a second thought and without inhibition? Who actually demands that you do so to the point where you're convinced that if you didn't give away what you have that it would be a crime against humanity? I do and I love her for these reasons. She makes me feel completely safe and completely unconfortable at the same time.

For the record, if you feel the need to tell me what you think of me, please do! My love language is words of affirmation, and on the whole, I really think that women just need to hear the thoughts of other women about their amazingness. I'll gladly pelt you with exhortations all day long if that's what you need, because it's what I need.

3 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Couture said...

love your blog name...very true!

-Silvia

2:17 PM  
Blogger Libby Ashley said...

I love that you always look me in the eyes when we talk and I love that you aren't afraid to pinch my butt in the middle of church. I love that you know what it means to be a pastors daughter and I love that you love to worship. I love that you are never over-accessorized, but always perfectly ordained with just the right amount of jewels to portray your image of sheer class.
I love that you've always included me, even believing that my friendship with others was enough for you to want to be my friend also.
you're a beautiful example of the love of Christ, and I'm learning so much from you.
xoxo

10:59 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Libby! Who are you?? My day has been made so glorious by these thoughts of yours! Thank you, thank you for these gifts. How precious they are to me!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home