Monday, March 22, 2010

engagement party

Our engagement party was incredible - and this is no compliment to us. We have amazing friends who did so much work to make the evening so enjoyable for us. I loved the different mix of people who came together to celebrate what I think took all of us to achieve - the climatic rise of our relationship into marriage. God has surrounded us with those specific people at this specific time to nurture and embrace what God is doing in us. The marvelous women with me that night are truly divine. Each in their own way, they have given me the gift of themselves. I cannot ask for anything more. The pleasure they're getting in invested in our engagement leaves me constantly breathless and in awe. I can't imagine how God will repay them. It will be heavily and it will be soon. I won't soon forget the atmosphere in our apartment that night; the laughter, the voices, the conversations, the doorbell, the water running and dishes clanking in the kitchen. I won't soon forget the music and the dancing flicker of candlelight on the coffeetable and on the balcony.

How great You are. I can't count the ways. Your loving kindness is overwhelming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So grateful to be in the number.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home