Wednesday, January 19, 2011

radical in Babylon

I'm inspired by Radical Homemakers; those who have made the choice to live free from the constraints of this present age of consumerism. I love the idea of my home being a place that produces instead of consumes. I hope to grow my own food and apprentice my children, enrich my community, work less and enjoy life more. I want to leave this realm without tarnishing it more than it already is.
But I'm not sure this is radical enough. It's an amazing start to the Calling of the Kingdom. This realm has already been given over into our hands to subdue. We're ruling and reigning; Radical Homemakers are correctly reminding me of how I should be living. But I can't stop there. There is a richer calling that goes deeper than Genesis and the Garden of Eden. I've been called to go into all the world to proclaim freedom for the captives. My legacy is not just for me and mine. I want to possess the land, not be satisfied on a small plot of land for my family. The nations are calling our for their salvation. God is transitioning the wealth of the world into the hands of the righteous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home