Friday, June 19, 2009

breaking free

Sometimes, whether right or wrong, its more effective to hear how amazing you are from someone outside of your circle, to see strangers captivated. To my surprise, I have more of an idea of who I am, the power and command that moves with me, after this weekend. I cherish more though when these compliments come from those who know me and love me, but those foreign gestures; the comments, the looks, the toast, came from a professional setting and that's was the difference this time. And I also should add that I fully realize this is the "wonder and awe of Christ in me." This weekend was a lesson in control, confidence and command, and it may be the paper that was torn in two.
By the way, I'm really loving this ensemble: the rich jewel-tone teal, the asymetrical neck, the sumptuous gathered body and waving hem, and those delicious black heels. Perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home