Friday, February 17, 2006

the business of fashion


I’m cognizant of clothing, mine and those around me, 99% of my day. And not for trite reasons that may come to mind, like superiority or status. I’m consumed by fashion for its conversation, translation and interpretation. To me, fashion is art. The likes of Warhol. Picasso. Avedon. Hopper. It all started with forbidden fruit. Something Adam and Eve forced upon us. Fig leaves and animal skin. The only good thing that came out of that wretched day. Fashion is the only thing worth the pangs of child birth and separation from the Almighty. You may think I’m being dramatic, but have you ever sauntered into a room met by eyes fastened to you? Of course, your allure was magnetic, but I’m sure your attire had something to do with it.

I’m doing this for a living. Wait for the unfolding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home