Thursday, March 08, 2012

washington by the numbers

So we're finally leaving Washington. What freedom awaits for everything inside of me. Let's take a look back at my time in the District from a numeric point of view:

In 7 1/2 years...
3 employers
5 job titles
4 home addresses
2 cell phone numbers
1 Blackberry number
4 cell phones
2 Blackberries
2 sisters-in-law
2 nephews
1 husband

What can I say? I love movement and progress.

Goodbye Washington (2004-2012)
You'll always be a home away from home. Glorious in all your over-intellectualized, straight-laced, and over-worked, traffic-jam game. I'll miss your alabaster stone-faced personality. Even when I didn't fit in with you, you still humored me. When I tried to squeeze myself into your ways, you obliged. And by doing so you helped me shed unnecessary layers of fear, control and insecurity. As well as countless, useless political opinions. I thank you for not being the ultimate one for me. But I always knew you never were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home