Wednesday, March 30, 2011

emotions

"My feelings are not God. God is God. My feelings do not define what is true. God’s word defines what is true. My feelings are echoes and responses of what I perceive to be the case, and they are regularly lousy, inadequate, half-baked, no-count, misguided feelings. And when that happens, I gotta get on my face, lift my heart and my hands, and say, ‘God, this is in the Bible. Bring my affections into line with it…’ I don’t know any other way to live the Christian life than to get in the face of my feelings and say, ‘Wrong! Shape up! Get fixed according to this Word!’" - J. Piper

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

so good! so on point! i was shocked to see the quotations at the end. where do you find these little gems?

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home