Friday, December 17, 2010

left behind

What must you give up in order to move ahead?
This question has been on my mind since it was asked of me. What will not take the journey with me? What cannot be sustained in the new environment? What is in my best interest to discard? My subtle thoughts on this has led me to a moment of uncovering a lot of things in my life that I cannot take with me. Control, the love of comfort, materialism top my list. Contentment and generosity are already packed and ready.  My "baggage" cannot contend with the upgrades God has fixed in me. I'm also fully aware that I cannot even afford to take with me certain physical things that I have now. Clothes, furniture, housewares. And I gladly surrender these things upon the revelation that better things, lasting things, lay ahead. Waiting for me to arrive and claim them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home