Thursday, May 06, 2010

mrs. rock

There is no way to begin an adequate summary of my thoughts and feelings about getting married. My only insight is that the wedding was more than I could have hoped for because all I wanted was Jesus to make Himself comfortable and present and known. For now, I will include a list of memorable moments of May 1st.

- giving the paintings to my bridesmaids, my uncle, Miata and Christina. I had the best time hearing Jesus give me inspiration for each one of you
- spending my last single-girl, intimate moments with my close friends at home over lingerie and sexual references
- listening to Your Love is Extravagant in the car with Laurie and Kyle and being moved to tears by God's obsession with me
- unexpectedly losing all of my emotions again on Moving Forward by Israel as Christina did my make-up. I was so impressed that she never told me to hold it together. She just wiped up behind me and started over again. Incredible sensitivity and devotion to worship and her craft.
- Tara's spontaneous prayer for our marriage
- Laurie reading to me during the car ride to the church
- seeing my parents waiting outside as we arrived at the church
- walking down the aisle to the rhythm of Rico's smile
- Rico whispering to me over and over again during the ceremony
- worship
- communion
- worshipping during communion
- Tifani and Kevin singing
- the vows and rings
- two becoming one

"Rico and your union will destroy the powers of darkness everywhere that you go! That's the word I got for you. I got this picture of the two of you together in a city coming in contact with people and their lives being changed by your union; people being drawn to you by God and salvation coming to many, many, many through the two of you!" -TL

The meaning of Allen is Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home