Tuesday, May 25, 2010

dangerous

I've never wanted a simple life. A white picket fence and a two-car garage. I don't need a set schedule or a husband with a normal occupation. I've been running from that all my life. I've been running into the arms of discomfort for so long. God has always been asking me to trade the comfortable and ordinary for the insane and extraordinary. This reality has completely overtaken me. Saying yes to Jesus will cost me everything. But my life is not my own. I am completely swallowed up in Him.

I've been thinking lately about the cost of saying yes. I tend to focus on the success and victory of following Jesus. And there will be many. But experiencing Christ's death is a cost I cannot avoid if I want to experience the power of His resurrection. Am I willing to say yes regardless of the cost? Though it rob me of everything that I am and all that I have? Am I willing to suffer shame and being misunderstood and resented so that someone else can find a future and a hope? That is Love, and that is the only thing that will rescue a generation despised and neglected. Love is a danger we cannot avoid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss.Jones said...

"LOVE IS THE ONLY TRUE ADVENTURE". I am so encouraged by reading this! I LOVE this thought. often overlooked is the cost of redemption and resurrection. Thnak you for always pushing the boundaries and therefore making a path for other coming along side you and behind you! :)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home