Wednesday, July 07, 2010

love letter

You're the little voice in the back of my head, incessantly speaking. It's taken me this long to figure out how to hold you and contain you because I've always allowed the tallness of your shadow to envelop me. 10 years I've been waiting. But it's now time to unlearn what's kept you from me. Insecurity. Self-doubt. Discouragement. But where I once could not have you, you cannot have me. Until I endure this last lap of my race against self. Against that shadow looming over me.

But the momentum has shifted, and now I see that you need me at my fullest and best and most secure. You need me to have realized that the grandeur of wealth and status mean quite little in this world when stacked against a heart that dominates with love and compassion. That is what you need from me. You need me at my best, and my best is what you deserve. We were meant to be intimate friends. The magnitude of that alignment with be breathtaking. After you, there will be no land I cannot conquer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home