Monday, August 13, 2007

birth


Since your inception, I nurtured you with a closeness to my soul I hadn't yet experienced. With love and protection and cultivation I nourished myself so that you could grow. And in my deepest recesses I hid you away until you could thrive on your own; an independent, vibrant being. As much as I wanted you, the pain and struggle of survival threatened to undo us. Discomfort and sleepless nights threatened my decision to harbor your body within mine.
But through that intensity, I came to know you with divine understanding. I now recognize your cry in a room full of screams. You are my own, my beloved labor of love.
After nine months, we must give birth. We must oversee and steward that which has been entrusted to us by Heaven. The time has come to reveal who we are; to share our gifts, partnership, calling and commitment to those who have so eagerly awaited our arrival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home